The San Juan Islands in Washington captures the beauty of the Northwest in landscape and in marine life, with an abundance of whale watching. Visitors have many activities to do outside and inside on the islands. For a day trip, we suggest:
- Tourism Victoria is the Victoria, Canada Visitors Bureau. It provides information on all that the city has to offer, including activities, hotels, restaurants and attractions.
- The Whale Museum displays the ecosystem of orca whales in the area, as well as education of orcas in the wild. All exhibits center around the history of orcas in the wild nearby as well as care for their habitats.
- Visitors who hike Mount Young can explore the history of the British encampment in the area, as well as enjoying views of the island, Olympic Mountains and surrounding bays.
- Westcott Bay Nature Reserve & Sculpture Park is a small park with more than 100 sculptures throughout the park. Visitors can meander through the meadow, exploring the sights and artwork.
- Roche Harbor is a marina with plenty of activities, accommodations and events for visitors of all ages. Famous for housing dignitaries such as John Wayne and former President Theodore Roosevelt, this harbor has been in the spotlight since its creation in 1886.